Southern StarComms Services (PTY) Ltd trading as StarComms is a national concern specializing in the design, supply, installation and maintenance of systems designed for technical security and fire applications
- To ensure the operational delivery and implementation and support required by the Operations Division. CCTV (Analog & IP), Access Control, Alarm Systems, Gate Motors, Gates and Doors Installation and Automation, Electric Fencing and ICT (cabling, networking and programming). You will be responsible for the functions provided by a competent divisional head performing the functions of Systems Engineer. planning and design, supervision of the servicing, installation and maintenance requirements of Fire detection systems, Access control systems, Operating Systems, Networks environments, Applications, CCTV systems, Alarm systems, Intercom systems, Gate and garage door automation and any other associated systems delivered by StarComms from time to time.
- You will be responsible for maintaining the administrative procedures, maintenance procedures and site safety procedures as laid down by our clients. The team members working with you and under you will be your responsibility and all non-compliance must be reported without delay.
- You will be required to provide a high standard of workmanship and interact with the clients on a daily basis in order to ensure a positive outcome of each job for both the company and its clients.
- You will be required to obtain the necessary training required for your position and responsibility which the company will facilitate as per the companies training policy and your employment contract terms of training.
- You will be required to adhere to all company policies applicable and revised from time to time.
- You will be required to partake in business development and the timeous completion & submission of tenders.
- · Manage the day to day implementation of systems
- · To be the technician that will ensure that the systems are technically correctly installed
- · To communicate to all levels regarding the progress of tasks and installations
- · Able to identify and rectify technical issues during installations
- · System design evaluation and implementation
- · Participate in managing documentation related to each project: From implementation to completion certificate
- · Refinement of processes for improved delivery schedules
- · QBE not less than 5 years in similar position
- · Computer literary must be proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications especially Microsoft Projects
- · Exxcellent understanding of technical drawings
- · Must have extensive experience in technical safety equipment, security equipment and building management systems
- · Must have an andvance knowledge of networks
- · Must hold a valid drivers licence
- · A technical qualification and background would be required (IT and security equipment related)
- · Knowledge of OHASA a requirement
- · Qualification in safety standards an advantage
- · PSIRA and/or SAQCC registered an advantage
- · Interpersonal Skills
- · Good working relationship with co-workers
- · Be able to work under pressure
- Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
Please can you email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only CV’s Submitted via email will be accepted.
Take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
*Please take note that the above is by no means an “exhaustive list” and that your function and role may change or develop as the company grow and you may be given additional tasks or responsibilities that tie in with your role as required.*