Southern Star Comms Services (PTY) Ltd trading as StarComms is a national concern specializing in the design, supply, installation and maintenance of systems designed for technical security and fire applications.
We are looking for an energised and self-driven receptionist to join our KZN branch, situated in Durban North.
As Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company. The Receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
Ultimately, the Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks diligently and effectively.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office.
- Ensure covid-19 screening is completed.
- Notify relevant staff member of visitors’ arrival
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls.
- Take messages when required and send to relevant staff member by e-mail.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries as well as receiving and booking courier services.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Manage boardroom diary and bookings.
- Perform other clerical or administrative receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, binding, laminating and any other administrative duties allocated to you.
Attributes and Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a receptionist or similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Quantitative ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g., fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
NB: Only apply if you meet the experience and qualification criteria and if you have the required experience. Other applications not meeting the criteria will not be considered.
Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.